- General Cohen lost 50 pounds and has maintained that weight for seven years.
- She didn’t cut out any food, but ate on a mild calorie deficit.
- Cohen shared his average daily meal before and after losing weight.
General Cohen had a restrictive and unsustainable policy for years. fad diet Or I might take out most of my meals and binge eat.
As a result, her weight has been on the rise for years, and even if she loses a little weight, she always gains it back.
But on his 21st birthday, Cohen decided to change his tune and begin a healthy and long-lasting fitness journey.
she ate in a small room calorie deficitI prepared my meals in advance and made sure I was eating enough protein. Most importantly, she didn’t cut any food out of her diet and was patient.
As a result, Cohen lose 50 pounds I kept my weight off in a year and have maintained my weight for 7 years since then.
“I made a promise to myself that instead of hating my skinny self, I would love my healthy self,” Cohen told Business Insider. “Every time I’ve tried to lose weight in the past, I’ve done it for the holidays, for special events, for New Year’s, for men, but this is the first time I’ve really tried to do it for myself. was.”
Before losing weight, Cohen ate ice cream in pints at a time.
“I lacked a certain level of self-love, which caused me to feel physically awful after eating very large amounts of food,” Cohen said. However, she has worked on her mindset and her self-love and her “food binge” is gone. So now you can have a bowl of ice cream, for example.
cohenNow a certified nutrition coach who helps other women lose fat, she shared dietary examples with BI, showing how her diet changed before and after losing weight.
Diet before losing weight
When Cohen left home to attend college, he was able to eat whatever he wanted, which was a novelty.
She ate out every meal, which wasn’t difficult because she lived above the cafe, Cohen said.
The average daily meal amount is as follows:
Breakfast: Blueberry muffin or chocolate croissant with caramel macchiato
Lunch: Mongolian noodles with meat, vegetables and oily sauce bought from a street food stall.
Dinner: Domino’s pizza medium and chicken Caesar salad
Dessert: 1 pint of ice cream
”domino pizza “It was my absolute favorite,” Cohen said. “And in college, I was pretty broke, but if you can get a medium-sized pizza for $5.99 and a whole chicken Caesar salad for $5, I’ll do it.” Literally. Just order it and eat it all. ”
Because Cohen eats a lot of meals, he didn’t snack much unless he was in a social setting. She said she would eat desert about 50% of the time.
Diet after losing weight
Cohen is she maintained her weight loss By following the 80/20 principle, you eat 80% nutritious food and the other 20% eat whatever you like.
I eat a small amount of food, so I eat a little more snacks, but overall I don’t gain weight because I eat less.
The current average daily meal intake is as follows:
Breakfast: Homemade protein pancakes (protein powder, eggs, ripe banana)
Lunch: Chicken, rice, and broccoli.or ground beef, sweet potatoes, asparagus
Dinner: Ground turkey sweet potato skillet
Snack: Apple, cup of Greek yogurt, protein shake, rice cake topped with cottage cheese and chili oil.
Cohen keeps her lunches simple by preparing them in advance, but she said she makes sure they include protein sources, vegetables and starches. Experts agree that a balanced diet should include protein, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber.
Dinner varies even more, but once a week I get takeout with my boyfriend and once a week we go out to eat.
When she cooks, Cohen likes to create healthier versions of her favorite energy-rich meals to help maintain a healthy balance.
Watch now: Popular videos from Insider Inc.